CHILAQUILES ROJOS RECIPE (RED CHILAQUILES)
This Mexican chilaquiles rojos recipe makes for an outstanding flavorful breakfast!
Chilaquiles rojos make for an outstanding Mexican breakfast
- Course Breakfast
- Cuisine Mexican
- Keyword breakfast, meatless, meatless monday
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cook Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Servings 4
- Calories 212 kcal
- Author Carissa
- 4 guajillo chilies seeds removed
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 white onion
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 9 corn tortillas
- diced onion garnish
- cilantro garnish
- queso fresco garnish
- Get Ingredients Powered via way of Chicory
- Bring the chilies, tomatoes and 6 cups of water to a boil over medium excessive heat. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chilies, tomatoes and about 1/2 a cup of the water to a blender. Add the garlic clove and the piece of onion to the blender. Blend for a pair of minutes till you've got a mushy sauce.
- Heat up the 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a pot over medium heat. Once the oil is hot and sizzles upload the sauce and permit fry for a pair minutes. Season with just a bit salt to taste. Then cut back warmth to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Make the tortilla chips whereas the sauce is simmering. When they're executed positioned all of them within the pot with the sauce. Stir to make certain they're all coated in sauce. Do it intently so they do no longer break. Let them simmer for only a pair of minutes. Not too lengthy or they gets soggy.
- Serve the chilaquiles. Garnish with diced onion, cilantro and queso fresco.
Try it and it'll quickly develop into your most asked breakfast recipe.
chilaquiles rojos recipe garnished with onion, cilantro and queso fresco #mexicanfood #chilaquilesrojos #breakfastrecipes
This chilaquiles rojos recipe is so nice and filling on its own.
Some chefs like so as to feature shredded fowl or serve fried eggs on ideal of the chilaquiles but I truly pretty sense that it isn’t necessary.
If you're keen on salsa verde then you’ll truly like chilaquiles verdes.
All chilaquiles desires are a number of nice garnishes like queso fresco and cilantro.
What are Chilaquiles Rojos?
Chilaquiles rojos or red chilaquiles are fried tortilla chips simmered in a delicious red sauce till just relatively softened.
The method the red sauce is made will range among cooks.
I make mine with guajillo chilies, roma tomatoes, garlic and onion.
It is easy but truly nice and flavorful.
How to Make Chilaquiles Rojos
The first step is to make the sauce.
I used 4 guajillo chilies and 4 roma tomatoes.
Remove the seeds from the chilies.
Now deliver the chilies and tomatoes to a boil over medium excessive heat.
Boil them for about 10 minutes.
The skins of the tomatoes have to be peeling via way of now.
tomatoes and guajillo chilies in a pot
- Transfer the chilies and tomatoes to a blender with about 1/2 cup of water.
- Add one garlic clove and 1/4 of a white onion to the blender as well.
- Blend for a pair of minutes till you've got a mushy sauce.
- Add 2 tbs of vegetable oil to a pot over medium heat.
- I used the identical pot I used to boil the chilies and tomatoes. I just rinsed and dried it.
Once the oil is hot and sizzles pour within the sauce.
Season the sauce with just a bit salt to taste.
Then Let fry for a number of minutes then cut back the warmth to low and permit simmer for about 10 minutes.
The subsequent step is to make the tortilla chips.
I didn't take images of this step simply due to the fact I already have a positioned up that tells you step via way of step precisely learn tips on tips on the method to do this.
You can discover it here.
Add the tortilla chips to the red sauce and permit simmer for only a pair of minutes till the chips are only ever so relatively softened.
Don’t permit them simmer too lengthy or they gets soggy.
The chilaquiles at the moment are capable to be served.
Immediately move them to the serving plates to keep away from them from getting soggy.
tortilla chips simmered in red sauce
Chilaquiles Rojos Recipe
Chilaquiles rojos are merely amazing!
Yes it does contain NULL steps (making the sauce and tortilla chips) but these steps don’t take very lengthy at all.
Chilaquiles make an outstanding breakfast or brunch.
I could even serve them as dinner for a meatless Monday.
I truly desire you loved this recipe.
If you did please supply it a score below.
Thank you so a lot for visiting!
Try a few of my different breakfast recipes
4.58 from 21 votes
Chilaquiles Rojos Recipe